Monday 9 August 2010

Intro

Hi everyone!
This is my first ever blog, so sorry if it isn't any good!
So i am having jaw surgery on thursday, 3 days! I am both excited and nervous. I wanted to give you a bit of a background of my orthodontic treatment so far.

I have never had nice teeth or a good bite. I started my orthodontic treatment at the age of 8, i wore a clip in retainer for about a year (i think!). This didn't make much of a difference.
First mould and my retainer
After wearing the retainer
I then wore a fixed brace, when i was 14, for 2 years.




Me with braces first time round
After having braces
Profile after braces
I then decided that i wanted to have jaw surgery and got braces again about a year ago when i was 17. I came to this decision for a number of reasons, i had a small open bite, my top jaw was tilted and i really felt that i would regret not having it done.

That brings us to now, 3 days before my surgery! I am going for my pre-op assessment tomorow morning so ill let you know how that goes. I'm also gunna take lots of current pictures tomorow to post.

Sophie xxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so excited for you! I can seriously say this has changed my LIFE! :) I am so happy with the results and I know you will be too.

    Thank you for such a sweet comment on my blog- I am so glad I was able to inspire you and help you out!

    I will be following your blog! :)

    Love and Prayers coming your way...

    Makay

    ReplyDelete